Best Electric Knife Sharpener 2019: Ask any chef and they will tell you how the frequent use of the knife can make its blades dull. By the way, Does it really matters if you are a professional chef or an amateur who loves cooking? After all, nobody loves cooking with the blunt knife. For easy slicing of vegetables, you timely need to sharpen the blades of your knife else these dull blades can be life-threatening for you.
Conventional procedure to hone the blades are tedious and calls for some use of artistry and skills.
So, the quick-fix of this trouble is to use the Electric knife sharpener that adds to your convenience when it comes to honing the blades of your knife while eliminating the involvement of a professional.
Electric Knife Sharpeners- Buyer’s Guide 2019
Well, the thing is that you should not just step out and bring any random device at home. There are some major key considerations that can’t be simply overlooked. Before reaching your final decision, considering these factors alone can be beneficial for you in making the right choice. Let’s proceed on to find what are these key considerations that play such a crucial role.
Best Electric knife sharpeners Reviews
1. Chef’sChoice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Sharpener:
The device features the hybrid technology that lets you manually or electrically sharpen blades of your knife. The three stages sharpening gives you a razor sharp, arched-shaped edge for the smooth and easy chopping of vegetables. Stage 3 is a manual process that does not require any source of power. The electric knife sharpener is suitable best for kitchen and household knives, sporting knives and pocket knives.
- Dimensions:11.2 x 6.2 x 5.2 inches
- Weight: 0.48 ounces
- Manufacturer: Chef’sChoice
- The product is quite easy to use and best for the price.
- This device brings out the best results and easily fixes the blunt knives that need to be sharpened.
- Superb build quality.
- While honing the knives, the electric knife sharpener products a bit of noise that might annoy you.
- Due to three staging of sharpening, it might take a long to get the razor-sharp edge.
Overall Ratings: Overall, this electric knife sharpener is much convenient to use. The three stages of sharpening give an arched-shaped edge. Talking about the price, we found that the product is fairly priced and best value for money. We are hardly bothered about the cons given the fact that the product is the best value for money.
2. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener:
The electric knife sharpener comes with the two stages of sharpening to give you a sharp edge. The reduced number of stages definitely save your time. Moreover, the design of the product is so appealing that adds decor to your home. Besides this, there is no sort of hassle while using the product. Stage one is perfect for the grinding while the second stage is for honing.
- Dimensions: 9.9 x 7.2 x 4.8 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
- Manufacturer: Presto
- Two stages of sharpening save a lot of time.
- Easy to use and you don’t need a guide to help you out.
- Best Value for money
- The built quality is average which does not ensure the durability of the product.
- The electric knife sharpener produces the thirty-degree angle that might not be like by people.
Overall Ratings: Overall. the product does a great job when it comes to sharpening or honing the blades. Keeping the price in mind, the product is the best value for money. Besides this, the simplicity in design makes it elegant.
3. PriorityChef Knife Sharpener:
Vanish the dullness of your knife with the PriorityChef Knife Sharpener. The two stages of sharpening promises to give a blunt and sharp edge. The non-slip cushion will not mark your work surface and for the convenience, the sharpener comes with the comfortable and easy grip. The entire mechanism is user-friendly. All you have to do is just put the blade into the space provided and drag it out for around ten to twelve times.
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Manufacturer: Priority Chef
- Two staged process does not take too long to sharpen or hone the blades.
- Non- slip cushion does not create any sort of scratches on the surfaces.
- The sharpener is well designed and looks amazing.
- If your blade is super-dull, it might take more time to give a sharp edge to your blade.
- The product does not work well for serrated knives.
Overall Ratings: The product definitely affects the edge of the blades which is a lot more better than other sharpeners. While reviewing the product, we used the old knife that was super-dull. The sharpness was again strengthened into the knife with this product. Overall, the performance of this product is pretty decent.
4. Wusthof 3-stage PEtec Electric Knife Sharpener:
The knife sharpener features the 3 stages of sharpening. Taking pride in “built-in USA”, the quality and durability of the product are undoubtedly great. Stage one sharpens the dull knife while stage two refines the edge and hones. Talking about stage three, the stage is perfect for the polishing of the blades.
- Dimensions- 12.2 x 6.3 x 6.1 inches
- Weight- 4.95 pounds
- Manufacturer- Chef’s choice
- Does a perfect job of sharpening the edges of the blades.
- The product is much easy to use and does not make any annoying sound.
- The product leaves scratches on the surface where it is used.
- Customer Support Service can be a reason for disappointment.
Overall Ratings: Overall, the performance of this sharpener satisfied us. We hardly felt any sort of inconvenience or problem while using the product. The PEtec is the nicest touch that is added to this product. Old knives and blades felt like almost new.
5. Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV Edge Electric Knife Sharpener:
Experience the razor sharped edge like never before with the Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV Edge. Featuring Trizor XV Edge, the electric knife sharpener prolongs the life of the knives by removing the dullness. The device features the 3 stages of sharpening including sharpening, honing and smoothening.
- Dimensions: 10 x 4.2 x 4.2 inches
- Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: Chef’s choice
- Transforms 20′ knife edges to sharper 15′ edge.
- Three staged processing gives a razor-sharped edge that really lasts long.
- The product does not occupy much of your space.
- This sharpener makes some loud noise that can irritate you.
- People may find it to be a bit expensive.
Overall Ratings: We are pleased after reviewing this product. The product gives a powerful performance when it comes to the sharpening the edge. After the usage, we hardly came across the burr. Besides this, the product is quite easy to use and the instructions written in the guide are lucid.
6. LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener:
Easily sharpen your knives at your home with the LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener. Featuring 2 stages of sharpening, the Electric Knife Sharpener allows you to sharpen and reshape the angles while stage two lets you polish the sharpened edges. The device comes with the non-slip feet that keep the sharpener firmly and prevents any sort of scratches on the surface.
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 4.9 x 7.2 inches
- Weight: 2.65 pounds
- Manufacturer: Linkyo
- Automatic Blade Positioning keeps the blade at the ideal position for the perfect sharpening of edge.
- No cleaning issue since the product features easy to remove the plug that catches metal fillings.
- Two stages of sharpening get everything done. From sharpening to polishing, everything can be done in a flash.
- Only suitable for straight-edged blades.
- The device creates some noise while operating.
Overall Ratings: We are completely satisfied with the performance of the product. The device is a time saver when compared to other sharpeners. Moreover, the price of the product is affordable.
7. Work Sharp WSKTS-W Knife & Tool Sharpener:
Our next pick in the segment of best electric knife sharpener is this model. No matter what type of knife or blades you own, this product has got you covered. This knife sharpener takes pride in “Built in the USA” that ensures the durability and longevity of the product.
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 11 x 5.8 inches
- Weight: 7 ounces
- Manufacturer: Work Sharp
- Adjustable angles for precise edging.
- Reasonable priced and strong build quality.
- The electronic knife sharpener is user-friendly which makes it much easier to use.
- The belts are expensive. So, it becomes difficult to replace them.
- The instructions guide becomes hard to figure it out.
Overall Ratings: Performance of this electric Knife sharpener impressed us. We hardly faced any sort of problem while reviewing the product. The build quality is undoubtedly much better as compared to other models. When it comes to sharpening the blades, the electric sharpener is unbeatable.
8. EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener:
The device features a two-stage sharpening procedure to easily sharpen your knife or blades. The non-slip feet prevent any sort of sliding and you can easily sharpen your knife. Coming to cleanliness, the device features a removable magnet that catches metal fillings.
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 3.6 x 4 inches
- Weight: 2.83 pounds
- Manufacturer: Edge Keeper
- The product comes at an affordable and great price.
- Non-slip feet does not make any scratches on the surface of sharpening.
- The compact design does not take much of space.
- The magnet does not collect all the metal fillings.
- The durability of the product is a bit suspicious.
Overall Ratings: If you are looking for the sharpener at a low budget, this is another sharpener you can consider. We hardly faced any sort of problem while we were reviewing this product. In addition, when it comes to sharpening, the two staged functions work decently.
You may also like to see other Smart Home Product reviews from us: